Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Who doesn't love a Bargain?


Do you have any "seasonal" favorites that you wait for all year? Maybe its a special flavored creamer for your morning cup of Joe or anything cinnamon flavored or scented (like me). I was given a lovely gift from one of my students this year- a beautiful candle from Bath and Body Works. It was a "Winter" scented candle by Slatkin and Co. The second you opened the lid it was like the smell of snow covering a deep wooded forest with hints of vanilla, lavender and spices...The scent is lovely...

I would only burn it on the weekend or when I had company as I was trying to preserve the last bit of wick left. Of course the time came for the last burning of my winter wonderland candle. I was crushed... So, of course I could not sleep until I attempted to go back to B&B works for my last wiff *sniff* *sniff* of my Winter scented candle (it was only February after all). I walked into B&B and searched every bit of shelf for just one candle- to my dismay there were none.. As I was walking out of the door I had this genius idea to ask an associate if there were any around that maybe my eagle eye had missed. She told me to hold on a moment and she would check in the back (something that hadn't occur ed to me, I mean they had only Spring and Summer scents in the store)

She walked toward me and in her possession was a "winter " scented candle...I started to beam like the sun on a hot summer day. The candle cost $19.50, I approached the register to pay and as the lady was ringing up my candle, I heard a beautiful word that every thrifty shopper loves to hear "how much of a discount should I give" I am waiting to hear 10%, maybe 50%...Then I hear ummmm ummm... 90% WHAT????? I ended up paying $1.95 for my candle!!! So the moral of the story is- Don't be afraid to ask for what you want...Maybe the discontinued thing you can't live without will be the next bargain in your life...

From one thrifty shopper to another,
Jen XO

5 comments:

  1. Hurrrrrrraaaayyyy! You've done it! Your first post! I'm sure we will enjoy many more of your inklings and thoughts!

    I do understand about seasonal things..."Tootsie Roll Peppermint lollipops" haha!

    Love your thoughts...and you!

    Smiles, Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuthin' beats a bargain, I love it!!!Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're too cute jen <3 betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine how good that candle smells. The wrapper makes me want to buy it! Good find, and cool blog. I didn't even know you were on Blogger. Come stop by and visit me sometime!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can't lie... My favorite part is the fact that you saved all that money. Anytime you spend less, I will celebrate. Love you Babe!

    -Your "Hubby"

    ReplyDelete